Thursday 12 August 2010

Peek-A-Boo!

1994, The New Forest... and my three children (I was pregnant at the time with my fourth) all hid behind a tree each, and I just happened to have my old SLR camera handy and captured the moment. They didn't stay hidden for long when Granny M got out her homemade chocolate cake though :) I used My Minds Eye papers for this layout, and another stash-diving session to find anything green - ribbons, eyelets, brads, flowers and good 'ol Ranger Inks too. I did use a green pearlised glue after a certain crafting celeb on a certain shopping channel said it could be used the same as Liquid Pearls. She was so wrong! The glue just goes flat as it dries (it takes HOURS!!!), and so I dabbed over the flat green (but still pearly) splodges with white liquid pearls. Oh, and I finally got to use my Crop-a-dile II too!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Beautiful page Sheleen, love the gentle hue of the green and all those lush blooms and the other embellies....and your trademark stitching....FABULOUS!...warmest wishes Anita..xxx