Monday 16 August 2010

Getting ready for the wedding...

Three weeks to go before my daughter Katie gets married, and disaster strikes. Well, it's NOT really a disaster... but you know us 'mother-of-the-bride' types and how we're apt to fret and worry. Anyway, the lady commissioned to create Katie's wedding bouquet couldn't do the job after all, and I didn't know anyone else who could do the job - my daughter has unique (but wonderful) tastes, and I knew how the bouquet needed to be done. So, seeing as I knew what she wanted, I figured the only thing I could do was to make it myself. So star-gazer lilies and pink roses strewn all over the dining room, and I'm trying to figure out how it is you make a cascading effect into a two foot long bunch of pinkiness! I did it though :) And I managed to make a mini version too, for her beautiful daughter to carry so she can be just like mummy. I'm actually quite chuffed with myself. Each and every on of the flowers are glued onto their stems securely, and NOTHING bar a tsunami is gonna budge anything off that bouquet! The choice of flowers is special - Lily-Anne Rose is my granddaughters name... so Lilies and Roses it had to be for the bouquets. Lilys little bunch is pushed and glued into an oasis with a holding handle, and each of those flowers is glued securely into place too - I know exactly how she thinks, and guaranteed she'll spend most of the ceremony trying to pull the flowers off one by one, bless her! I just hope my daughter loves her very special, hand crafted by Mother-of-the-Bride in OTT pinkness :)

3 comments:

Anita said...

Wow, these are absolutely STUNNING!!! You are so talented Sheleen, how lucky is your DD to have such a clever Mum, I wish you all a wonderful day..xx warmest wishes Anita..xx

misteejay said...

Gosh, aren't you clever - they look fab.

Fingers crossed no more 'hitches' before the day, although I'm sure you would rise to any task.

Toni :o)

Laura said...

You are SO clever. These are beautiful.

My wedding bouquet was a similar shape and made of similar flowers, so this post brought back some happy memories too!