Friday 6 May 2011

My First Tags

It's so weird, being a woman of a certain age (*mumbles* "ahem... in my forties"), and admitting to trying to do something for the first time. Okay, so this isn't stunningly amazing like I've jumped out of a plane, done an abseil from a huge height or finally pooped myself during a bungee jump... (please! at my age?!? *lol*)... but I have tried something new. And so now, the big unveiling of my very first attempts at "Altered Tags"... (drumroll please)...
Okay, so the drumroll was a bit over the top - they're not too brilliant... but I have to admit they look quite nice slotted away in my accordion box. The quotes on all of the tags are quite simple - some hand-written, and some stamped:
"In dreams we catch glimpses of life larger than our own"
"Live, Laugh, Love"
"Believe in your dreams"
"Listen to your heart"
"The road to success is not a path you find but a trail you blaze"

Some of the techniques used on the tags were fiddly but so much messy fun - like making my own transparencies with some packing sellotape and a sheet of freebie paper ("Country Diary Of An Edwardian Lady" 6x6  paper pack free with Cardmaking & Papercraft, issue 91 May).  I liked using some old techniques remembered from my cardmaking days - resist embossing technique... and also some newer ideas and creations - such as making small paper flowers.
I am itching to get out some thread and start stitching on tags *lol*... old habits die hard.
I have, on order, some lovely quote stamps... so hopefully I'll be filling my accordion box very soon - well, after the weekend when the grandbabies go back home, and I've had a chance to recover from their stay at Nonna and Gangads house :)

No comments: