Tuesday 5 April 2011

Cupcakes Are NOT For Sharing...

I can't remember when the photograph for this layout was taken - certainly more than eight years ago. Naomi had espied my homemade chocolate cakes, and as a special treat for all the children, they were allowed one each. The cakes didn't last long at all.
The papers are all from DoCrafts "Tea House" Collection - perfect for this project! Many of the embellishments are also from this collection - though the "Sweet" wording was found in the discount basket at Pickwells. The layout is basically a scraplift from one of Dawn Inskip's designs... "Cheesy".
Dawn does digital layouts, and to look at her creations is to almost feel them - although digital they look amazingly tactile. I am quite in awe of her talent. Though I have no idea how to digi-scrapbook, I do like to see if I can loosely fit her designs into a normal 12x12 layout... and this is one attempt. I'll not put Dawns layout here to compare... hers wins hands down!
Anyways...
I had finished the layout, but felt something was missing. I just had to find a place for stitching on the layout - my papers feel naked without a bit of thread.
A few punched flowers and a bit of ribbon, and it was all finished!
Quickest layout I've ever done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely layout Sheleen. The colours are perfect for the photo but what's going on,none of your beautiful handmade flowers?

misteejay said...

What a super photo for scrapping - lovely LO

Toni :o)

Laura said...

Yes! You do need stitching of some sort on a layout. I feel the same. When I was trying to scrap quickly to 'get things done', I didn't love them as much because I hadn't stitched on them somewhere! lol. I love how you threaded ribbon through your bunting and the pretty way you framed your photograph - love that photo!

Sian said...

Paper and stitching will always win hands down in my book! I have no idea about digi scrapping and I think anyone who can do it is very clever, but I like to be able to reach out and touch those dimensional details you do so well

Scattychick said...

I love it a really fab girly LO just makes you think of pastel frosted cupcakes :)
I agree with Sian I am amazed by some of the digital LO's I see they are amazing but I prefer to get inky and messy doing paper ones :)