Thursday 28 April 2011

Flowery Fun... again

These roses and flowers appeared on my 'WOYWW' post, as I made them on Wednesday and couldn't be bothered to put them away! I seem to have a terrible habit lately, of making paper flowers with no layout to place them on - bit of a waste really!
These roses are absolutely gorgeous in real life - the photo does them no justice at all... a bit fiddly to make, but well worth it I think. I made them using a new set of dies I bought from the Pickwells Craft Club on Tuesday night... Spellbinders roses. I'm loving these! I'll certainly be making a LOT more of these roses ~ even though the amount of cosmic shimmers I use and spray around the dining room is horrendous! lol
I put pearls in the middle of the flowers - but they're not stuck down yet... I haven't decided what I'm going to put in the middle. Maybe I'll leave it with nothing until I use them, and then match up with whatever layout they happen to end up on. The smaller flowers are more peony-like than roses... a lot easier to do than the bigger roses.

3 comments:

misteejay said...

Those roses look fab - must have a look out for that die.

Toni :o)

Scattychick said...

They are great I am still a novice at these yours put me to shame lol

Anita said...

These are stunning Sheleen, really beautiful.xxx