Tuesday 19 April 2011

Alistair Got Giggles

When my daughter and son-in-law finally got to go on their honeymoon cruise, I looked after my youngest grandchild, Alistair, for a few days. He tired me out, but it was wonderful having him stay with us. He said "Ga Ga" every time his granddad walked into the room, and had giggles every time I said to him "Goo goo, gee gee, GA GA!". I managed to capture a laugh with my camera... and I just had to scrapbook it.  He was just nine and a half weeks old - such a character!
The main background paper is from a "Hot Off The Press" SaraPapers book, but all the other paper used is from PaperMania - a capsule collection (think it's "Heather"), and my favourite ~ Henbury Lane. A lot of the buttons are also PaperMania, and the lettering is from their Retro Collection (Forever Friends "The Good Life"). All the circles were cut out or drawn using the X-Cut shape cutter system - I use this so much these days, I think I'd be lost without it! Even the butterflies are cut out from the Henbury Lane papers... and the paper left over after cutting out the butterflies, I used to die-cut the little bird. Oh, and I also used PaperMania adhesive pearls in white just to finish off and add a little more detail.
I had wanted to use the paper flowers I made yesterday - but they were just too fussy, so I made some more that were plainer and more simple, using the PaperMania papers.
Of course there is stitching again - and so much of it this time ~ the stitching took longer than the rest of the layout all together! Part of this was also due to me wanting to sew on each and every button. Apart from the sewing, this would have been a really quick layout to create.
I chose the purple and blue colours, and I'm hoping that the purple background (which also has a pale blue smattered through it, as well as all the wording) doesn't appear too pink-ish looking. I used blue thread that matched the papers, but chose a much darker purple embroidery thread to use as I thought it would be less 'girly' and suit the layout better.
Well, there he is... my amazing youngest grandchild. Isn't he just the most adorable baby ever...? Of course, I would say that... I'm biased :)

4 comments:

misteejay said...

What a fab moment to capture - lovely LO

Toni :o)

Scattychick said...

He is a gorgeous little guy and the LO does him justice it is fab Sheleen :)

Beverly Montez said...

What an adorable, sweet baby. Great layout--I love all the circles grouped like that. Will have to try it!

Laura said...

What a cutie! Ah, I'm all broody again! I love all the circular elements in this one. And the stitching is wonderful. Sometimes I start stitching like this and have to force myself to finish, but the effects are SO worth it! Laura xx