Sunday 17 April 2011

Flowers...

I do have several photographs that I desperately want to scrapbook, but my mojo is somewhat deflated right now... so, instead, I decided to use up the last few scraps of paper I had put by to make some paper flowers. I only had a few bits of paper left over... but enough to make 5 flowers in all...
I always spray the 'raw' petals with a mixture of water and gum arabic (usually found in the watercolour/acrylic painting section of your local hobby/craft shop). After drying them a little, I manipulate or scrunch the petals, and then heat set them with my heat gun. The added gum makes the petals harden a little bit, and the finished flowers keep their shape beautifully.
The blue ones I spritzed with some cosmic shimmer, and the reverse of the red ones are daubed with a water and re-inker mix (tattered rose).

3 comments:

misteejay said...

Lovely flowers - those papers are fab for creating such lovely blooms.

Toni :o)

Roz said...

Great idea for the flowers!! They're fab!!
You have some lovely scrapbook pages on here as well.

Thanks for your comments on my blog regarding the Like Father Like Son page x

Sian said...

You really are the queen of flower making! I like your tip about using the gum arabic, thanks.