Tuesday 30 May 2017

WOYWW #417

It is Tuesday evening... I am absolutely shattered... the grandchildren (all FOUR of them) have worn me out... but it is Wednes-YAY! tomorrow, and so I just have enough energy left to get my post read for the ultimate in nosiness, yes it is time for....


That little space at the back is only there because my laptop is being used to take the photographs lol
Yes, I AM a messy crafter  - I seem to have so many ideas at once that I like to have something out to remind me of those ideas. That plan doesn't actually work - I am so forgetful... but there IS craftiness in my messy desk, and that does make me happy :)

 Some of the papers I will be using in the 'Raven' album... I just have to wait for my new chipboard/greyboard shipment to arrive so I can decide on how to design the cover.
 Behind me to the left seems to be a bit messy too with stacks of paper and just 'stuff'. And coffee, of course... I so need my coffee. It is not on my desk any longer, because I had a mishap and spilled a freshly poured cup all over my desk and ruined a whole ton of papers and pages. So I've learnt my lesson and will be keeping my coffee out of the way of any projects I am working on. Until I forget that new rule, and probably end up spilling it again lol

Now... as mentioned, I have had a visit today from my grandbabies. My eldest, Lily, made me a surprise card, and she asked if I would show it on my desk for WOYWW. She made me absolutely promise to show the inside of the card so that (and I quote)..."every one will see how amazing you are and how much I love you". My heart melted... so here's my special card...

"Nonna...Ultra Genius, you know best, you know everything. Best Ever! From Lily"

And it is sat on my new acquisition... I finally got a new Fiskars paper trimmer :)
I also have my new OTTlite, and am loving them both.

Oh, just to say (in case any of you don't know)... my name is NOT Nonna -  it's just what my grandchildren call me, as I am the Nanny that says "NO!" lol. I have found that saying "NO!" earns me a little respect, and a whole lot of love as the grandkids (and my own children when they were growing up) knew their boundaries and felt safe.

Well, that's it for my Wednesday desk (as well as Tuesday, and probably Thursday too lol)

Have a happy and crafty Wednesday everyone!

Oops... nearly forgot my special gift from Mr Linky...
Today, after Mr Linky got his tickle, he gave me number... 31

Join in at: Stamping Ground
Learn about Mr Linky HERE





20 comments:

misteejay said...

How lovely to receive a card that has been sent with such love.
Toni xx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Bubbles I sent a reply to your question from last week by email, check your spam it might've gone in there, hope it helped.
Fun post, I think your granddaughters card is brilliant.
Thanks for sharing your space!
Shaz in Oz.x 15

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Sarah Brennan said...

what a gorgeous card to receive from your granddaughter and a fantastic message inside too. Worth being tired for I'm sure. Sorry to hear about all that spoiled paper. I always have a drink and a pot of water on my desk, but so far I have avoided knocking them over. Came close to picking the wrong one up for drinking at times though. Happy WOYWW Sarah #22

Kelly said...

You are the best Nonna EVER! You'll see on my blog today about my granddaughters so I feel your exhaustion already... and mine hasn't started yet. Yay on the new trimmer. I really need a new one but keep putting off the purchase. Have you thought about a travel mug for your coffee... and a cup holder attached to your table so you can't spill? Creative Blessings! Kelly #32

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, what a beautiful card with a heartfelt message from Lily. Please tell her that LLJ thinks her work (and handwriting) are great! I think you're right to say No - I did with my boys and they don't remember the strictness funnily enough! Boundaries are so important.
I never have drinks in spilling range on my desk, the fabrics cost too much and I'm very ham-fisted, lol!!
Hugs, LLJ 18 xxx

Helen said...

that's so sweet! shame about the papers, but it's so easily done. Helen #5

lisa said...

What a beautiful card to receive. I bet you will treasure it for many years.
What a shame about your spillage, it's easily done and I can never understand how one cup of coffee can seem like a whole bucketful, where does it all come from when you knock it over?
Have a good week.
Hugs Lisax #26

Lindart said...

What a wonderful card! It must fill your heart with joy every time you see it! Your coffee cup has earned its spot away from the major work area, as has mine! Thanks for sharing, lindart #41

glitterandglue said...

Hi there. That card is simply lovely! What a thing to treasure. You'll never get rid of it!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #9

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is one gorgeous card and something I am sure you will want to keep. I just noticed your little Sidekick, I have one of those somewhere, must have a look for it soon. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x21x

Katie @ Arnold's Attic said...

What a brilliant table of creativity.
Have a super week.
Katie #44 xx

Nikki said...

Hey Bubbles
The little squares on my desk are pretend mini photographs of my mini bird collection I'll take a close up next week for you .
Lily did a fab job making you a card so sweet that she did too.
hugs Nikki 10

April said...

I only have one granddaughter and she wears me out. LOL
April #45

BJ said...

Love all the blues on your desk but especially love the card from Lily, nothing like a bit of respect I say. Just looked at your photo and you don't look old enough to have grand children - LOL. Thanks for the visit, the Christmas tree was the best shape ever last year, it is the page of it decorated I am working on - not! BJ#11

Neet said...

I had no idea you were a grandmother or a Nona which I think is a lovely name and good on you for enforcing the word "no". What a lovely card fro your Grandee and what a lovely thing to show it to us all.
I like my little Fiskars trimmer so hope you enjoy yours and your new OTTlite will make everything so much easier to see.
Oops, glad I don't drink coffee - but then I drink fruit tea so that could be a disaster - keep it in the kitchen which is next door so avoiding mishaps.
Happy WOYWW week
Hugs, Neet 13 xx

Diana Taylor said...

What a lovely card - definitely one to treasure. I don't have drinks on my desk either now as I've swigged mouthfuls of paint water more times than I care to remember thinking it's my coffee cup, while engrossed in something arty!
Hope you have a great week,
Diana x #23

Sue said...

Hi Bubbles,

That card will have to be kept safe in your keepsake box, or where ever you keep cherished things.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #24

May said...

What a wonderful creative desk...Gorgeous card from your sweet Grandchild...Have a happy week ahead...May#19

sandra de said...

The card would have to be one of the most beautiful keepsakes from your little grandee. What a treasure.
sandra de @4

okienurse said...

beautiful card! I have had a snoop around your desk and declare it is awesome and busy with all sorts fun stuff going on! I have the same issue with the coffee and I switched out to a wide based cup and only fill it about half full. I ruined a whole chipboard book once with a spill and went back fixed it by splashing and blotting more on it! Hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by my desk earlier! Vickie #43