Wednesday 10 May 2017

WOYWW #414

A welcome midweek hiatus is upon us nosey-parkers once again - yes, it's time for ...
(insert drum roll here... )


The two weeks previous, I was soooo good - visiting everyone who signed up on MrLinky at the Stamping Ground... and then last week I didn't manage a single visit :( So sorry to everyone for not managing a little peek at your desks and work spaces - but I do have a good excuse, honest! I actually lost a day or two. I have no idea what happened on Wednesday or Thursday last week - they have just disappeared from my life. The doctors are baffled (always a bonus when you can confuse a medic or two lol) but I am being lined up for tests to see if I am epileptic. Unfortunately, those tests aren't available until September! How ridiculous lol  Ah, well... never a dull moment, eh?!

So, explanation over, and I am back to my own desk this week.
I'm getting close to finishing the Alice album... and though it's taken a while, I have quite enjoyed it. I am making the four large 'tag'  inserts for the pockets, then it's just the cover to decorate.

I've had to rearrange my desk a little - well, the window sill. Kitty-Belle (our middle cat) has decided that the sill is HERS to sit upon, and if she doesn't get to perch her scraggy little bald bottom there to keep a watchful eye on the world outside, then it must be her mission in life to destroy my craft room instead. As you may also notice, I have gone back to using my Purple Cows guillotine. That Fiskars of mine is so old, the strip of foam that holds the paper in place has all but worn away, and the blade is so blunt it is about as much use as a chocolate teapot! 
 Centre-top of the picture you can also see an extra addition to my craft room... more on that later :)

 Here's a couple of the pages of the album... this one is mainly blue, with the gussets in the binding hinge and the reverse of the pocket tags being red. I'll be adding a few red embellishments later too - but the main album I really wanted to keep to a blue theme.

 Creating the four pocket tags... and as I am making little pull-tabs with small  intricate dies, I thought I would use my newest toy - the "Tool 'n One" from Spellbinders. It's to get all the little bits out of intricate dies easily. At last that's the theory. As you may notice, I went back to using my (very old) pokey tool and a pair of tweezers lol. I'm sure the "Tool 'n One" works really well in it's sideways-bottle-brush sort of way on larger dies - but for the littl'uns I'm sticking with what I know :) Also on my desk are some antique military buttons. I do love buttons! My Nan used to have a tin full of odd buttons of all shapes and sizes, and the sound it made was like heavy raindrops falling on a shack roof. I just like to hold the buttons in my hands and enjoy the sounds they make, and the feel of them. Little things please little minds lol Anyway, I digress as I reminisce on childhood memories... the buttons are there because they make brilliant album closures. Military buttons are best because they are metal, with the little metal loop at the back, and are pretty robust :)

 And here's the latest addition to my craft room. Meet 'Ed', and his friend 'You Can Call Me Al'. I have an obsession with ravens and crows (amongst a lot of other things lol) and this figurine I totally fell in love with. Not everybody's cup of tea, I know...
 But I adore them :)

Obviously, they are named because of the beautiful and haunting poem "The Raven" by EDgar ALlan Poe. I thought I was being clever lol

So, that's my little workdesk today. It's only left to add here that I am number 13 again this week :)

Many thanks to  the awesome Ms Julia for being our WOYWW host. Take a nosey around HER workdesk and see how to join in the nosiest fun on the crafty internet :)

Have a wonderful  Wednesday everyone!




25 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

As soon as I saw the figurine I thought Edgar Allen Poe (even before getting to that part of your post). I like it. Great idea for album closures too. Hope you keep healthy and that you can get a cancellation rather than having to wait for September for those tests. Sarah #25

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

The skull and the crow are so cool! Your Alice album is intriguing as well. Would be lovely to see a flip through when it's ready. Hope your condition turns out to be nothing to worry about! Enjoy your week! zsuzsa #26

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Bubbles, so we have something else in common! I have the exact same figurine sat on my desk too! Great the albums are coming along well, I hope you get some sort of diagnosis- the waiting for these things is the worst part. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxXx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Goodness Bubbles, what a thing to have to wait for! Did you have any inkling that you may have epilepsy? Sending hugs to you, lovely gal, I hope that you're doing ok. The raven figurine is awesome! I was going to say that Shaz Silverwolf loves them too but it appears from her comment that she has exactly the same thing, how funny!
Hugs, LLJ 9 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Well girlfriend, am shocked that there is a wait of such length for tests like that - f you're 'losing' time or events, one would imagine that it needs some urgent intervention. I hope they aren't scaring you. Have they told you not to drive or operate machinery I hope you're not in some sort of limbo.
Meanwhile the album is looking magnificent, so neat and perfectly co-ordinated, you must be very pleased with it. Totally get the button thing...aren't we lucky to have memories that we can physically hold!

Annie said...

Im playing catch up after my fun morning with little Theo.....he's a real pleasure to look after. He left after lunch and since then I've had to catch up with urgently needed sewing so am rather late joining in today.
Sorry to hear you have to wait so long for your tests.....really hope it's nothing serious.
Hope you have a good week.
Hugs,
Annie x #5

Sue said...

Hi Bubbles, I love the crow.

Sorry to hear you have been having problems. Hope the tests get to the bottom of it. It is ridiculous that you have to wait till September though.

Glad you have made space for your baldy butt cat:) They do love a sunny window sill.

Your album is fab.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #18



Helen said...

what a truly scary thing to happen, but what a dreadfully long time to wait... thanks for the visit and enjoying my sparkly disaster. The replacements came today. Safe! Loving your desk and that album. Helen #2

Shoshi said...

Sorry to hear you've got a condition that needs a scan, Bubbles - I'm appalled at how long you've got to wait, though. I do hope it turns out to be nothing serious. Your Alice album is stunning - such beautiful pages! Thank you for your lovely comment - I'm glad you like my card. This technique is really fun to do. Check out my Mamhead album posts for more on this! Thank you for your good wishes for my upcoming scan.

Take care, and happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #19

Stacy Sheldon said...

hopefully the time while you wait doesn't seem so long. I am kind of grinning over that tool... ( I use a straight pin again too because, I had also bought the foam pad with the tool, and it takes me forever to get the bits of cardstock off the foam pad ) so, I guess it may work better if you do it over a trash can or something but, I have not tried as of yet. ~Stacy #36

craftyani said...

Sorry to hear you have been losing days, know how you feel, I was diagnosed with epilepsy over 40 years ago, and at first it seem as though it was the end of the world, Today it is completely controlled with drugs and I can do all I could before, even drive now.
Love Mr Ed and his friend. Anickoana #6

Plush Possum Studio said...

I am tempted to make a pun - and it's all your fault! lolz
Here goes! "Al - as poor Yorick!"
(I know. I know. Terrible, right?)
Rose of Rose's Art Garden

Anne said...

Sorry to hear of your health problems, hope you end up getting an earlier appointment :-( Your album pages are great. Anne x #17

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

We obviously have lots in common as I have a crow very similar to yours, couldn't resist him. I do hope you get your tests done, my husband ended up paying for some tests to get it sorted quicker. It's terrible how long people are having to wait. Loving your album too, look very stylish. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x16x

Robyn said...

the french is a digital file,not a die cut. More on my blog. I used to have a pet crow- Edgar Allen Crow!!!!
Robyn 3

Lindart said...

Love "Ed" and "Al"! Your album is coming along nicely! Thanks for your visit, sorry I'm so late! Lindart#37

Andrea said...

Hi, Bubbles sorry for late visit issues with the internet yesterday ..working for now sort of! ...sorry to hear you've been poorly I hope they get to they bottom of it sooner than sept that's a very long time to wait and I do hope its nothing serious. I love your desk and workspace the Alice album looks stunning...what beautiful papers perfectly put together.I share your button love I have so many..will never be bale to use them all ... and remember my grandmother's button tin too..I used to love playing with it.I . got a lovely stash from an elderly friend that has some amazing buttons.Interesting new friends....Have a good weekend crafty hugs andrea#4

Angie said...

Oh is it wrong that I love the crow? Your album looks to be coming along nicely. Good luck with everything! Thanks for the visit!
Angie #30

Twiglet said...

Hope those medics sort you out quickly - take care. Your little craft space is fab - not sure about the raven - they are very intelligent birds I think. x Jo

Kyla said...

Hope your tests go o.k.(albeit a while to wait). I agree about the military buttons as I have somefrom my child good too. Also just saw a more recent post and happy anniversary. Thanks for visiting my desk already

BJ said...

Super Alice album, love the soft blues. Scary to have missed a couple of days, I hope they get to the bottom of that. Thanks for the visit. BJ#21

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Bubbles,
....thanks so much fir popping over... love your desky share and the blue pages, totally get the button thing, I have my mums button jar and I love it too, memories in that jar of ceratain buttons and what they're from, etc.
Nope not keen on ravens or crows, we have them here in backyard trees amd they're fine there, I do chat to them when they're particularly raucous and tell them to be quiet. 😝
Mm, is there a cancelation list fir that test?? That doesn't seem right to me, I think I'd be doing some chasing up on gay to see if date can't be brought forward. It's the noisy wheel that gets the oil, etc.
I pray you get a soloution, soon.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x 20

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Neet said...

Got side tracked so am running late.
I love ravens, and skulls, and anything steampunky or weird. In fact I might have seen that skull and wanted it but h=other half was not too keen and I had nowhere to put it - now when my craft room gets put back ..... watch this space.
Cannot understand your losing two days but I am sure you are worried - why the heck does the NHS take so long to see someone. Ridiculous - you should be seen immediately. Have you enquired about seeing someone for initial visit privately - might not be as expensive as you think and could get you moving up the ladder.
Thanks for your visit to mine
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Marit said...

Ed and Al... of course! I love those new friends on your deks!!! The Alice book is wonderful! Hope you had a nice weekend and thanks for visiting my blog last week. I'm again late to visit you back but I made it before the next Wednesday *lol* Hug from Holland, Marit #23

Elizabeth said...

Oh dear, Bubbles, losing a couple of days isn't so good. And having to wait so long for an appointment is not good either. I hope you're offered an earlier appointment due to cancellation. Your album is beautiful - I've seen the finished piece and love the spine and the closure - all fabulous. Ed and Al are amazing - I thought of the poem immediately too. Sorry for being so late but I hope you are keeping well. Elizabeth x #11