Wednesday 26 July 2017

WOYWW #425

Wednes-YAY!! again :)
I'm sat here on Tuesday evening, feeling sorry for myself as I have a chest infection :( It's one thing after another! lol
Still, I know I shall perk up a bit tomorrow when I can have a world-wide nosey around people's work spaces for
Ms Julia ~ our wordly and wise hostess ~ over at the Stamping Ground, sets up Mr Linky each week for us all to join in :)
My tickle this week netted me number.... 10

So... onto my desk...
 'Messy' doesn't even begin to describe my chaotic work space today! I'm having one of those moments where I want to get a lot done, but the 'lot' piled up on my desk means there's no room to actually get anything done at all! The only available space is in the top right corner - and that's only because I'm holding the computer to take the photographs lol
The two albums and the box they go into are sitting - almost finished - at the side and middle. I'm planning the final 3 pages for the top album, and also what I'm going to use to decorate the box itself. I finally managed to purchase a Tim Holtz Fades embossing folder - the poinsettia one - so I can finish the flowers to decorate the box... along with roses, holly... and probably anything else I can chuck onto it lol
To be a little honest here, I'm almost fed up with this project, but only because I have an idea for another album in my head and I want to get started on that one lol
So that's it really... except for the towel that's hung over my "rail of items that crafting forgot"... It says "All you need is love and a cat". A pressie from my wonderful Mum, it was just too pretty to actually use - and if it's left laying around anywhere, you can guarantee one of the cats (or the dog!) will use it as a blanket.
I do hope everyone is having (and will continue to have) a glorious week! 
I'm off to an early bedtime now - I have my grandbabies visiting tomorrow, so I'll visit everyone's desks quite late on Wednesday (and possibly Thursday too).

17 comments:

Helen said...

clicking on your pics to enlarge - what a great desk! hope you finish your project, it is well worth it! Helen #1

Claire said...

Ahh, busy, busy, must be something in the air...
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire, no. 7

Neet said...

Sorry to hear about the chest infection - how did you get that? Hope it clears up soon for you.
Ah, sounds familiar, getting tired with a project because another is in your head. Sounds as if you are more disciplined than I am - I'd end up leaving the one started and jump in with the next. Not a good idea - yours is much better.
Try to get better and enjoy the week - rest and hot drinks.
Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Lynsey said...

I'm sorry to hear you are unwell, I hope you feel better soon. It sucks so much being under the weather. Thanks for sharing photos of your desk, it's great and I look forward to seeing your project all finished. The towel is adorable. Lyns xx #20

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope your chest infection clears up soon. Loving that tea towel; totally agree with the sentiment. Hope you can get started on your new album soon. Sarah #23

Lunch Lady Jan said...

There seem to be so many chest infections around, I hope that you feel better really soon. The tea towel sentiment is great - I was given a beautiful one with a hare on but have decided to use mine. I think of the person who gave it to me every time I use it!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Bubbles, love the tea towel! I know what you mean about getting fed up with something, because you have to do it before you can do something else!. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

misteejay said...

Hope the chest infection clears soon.
Sometimes it is a good idea to 'walk away' from a project and come back to it with a fresh mind.
Toni xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I know what you mean being fed up with a project because you want to move on to another one! Most of my projects I do in one sitting for that reason! I don't think I would have the patience to work on something for longer than a few hours or perhaps a few days - but not weeks or months! I admire people who have that sort of perseverance. Also, sometimes I rush my projects, cutting corners and bodging them, just so I can move on to something else! Would love to see a flip through of your albums one day! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #26

Hazel said...

Messy and chaotic are good ... that means lots of busy-ness and achievement. Thanks for sharing - Hazel, #25 x

Jan said...

Great space and thanks for sharing xx Jan (36)

Plush Possum Studio said...

Helen is right - your desk does look great! I really like the box (that looks like a 2 drawer cabinet to me) and your lovely books. The design of your box is inspiring to me. You see, I am making a crafting storage system out of recycled bits such as cigar boxes and the like. That is actually what's on my desk at the moment. I started it last year, and am just now getting around to doing a little bit with it now and then. here's to inspiring each other and -
Happy WOYWW!
Rose #35

craftyani said...

Sorry to hear you are unwell and with grandchildren coming to visit. Love the Christmassy look on your desk. ANickoana#4

Lindart said...

I do love that towel, I think I wouldn't be able to use it either! I know how you feel when you have to finish one project but another is in your brain! Looking forward to seeing the finished project! Thanks, for sharing, Lindart #33 (PS-the link takes you a page that says post does not exist - just click on "home", and it will go to the post)

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW and thanks for your visit to my blog earlier. I love that towel too. I hope you are feeling better soon. Ali x #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm having to take my time getting round this week due to a bad head cold but I'll get there. But it sounds like you've not been too good either, hope you are feeling better soon. I recognise the problem when you have so may things you want to do too. Happy belated woyww, Angela x19x

Julia Dunnit said...

AS I'm so late, am hoping you're feeling a whole lot better...chest infections are miserable. I love the towel and the fact that it covers the rail of items that crafting forgot...I want to see! The album and box are just going to be fabulous..press on..to move on!