Wednesday 12 July 2017

WOYWW #423

Wednes-YAY! is here again, time to roll out the red carpet for all the nosey deskers and show off your work spaces for...

This week, I am starting another project - a Christmas one :)
Yeah, yeah... it's only July, I know - but I have to start these things or I'll never have them finished in time. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it (though I'd celebrate Yuletide all year round if I could... with a little Halloween thrown in lol)
I received my new Cosmic Shimmer Mists in the post on Tuesday... they may not be the newest fad... but they are an amazing brand and I love them :) Never lose or change colour to brown or green (unlike most of the other brands I've tried) and they are such gorgeous colours. Also scattered on my desk: boxes of paper trimmings and embellishments, some postal packages that arrived that I haven't cleared away, one of the mini-albums in progress... and latex gloves. Latex gloves are an essential craft item for me - I just had my nails re-done, and then had to spray-paint a box. No way am I risking getting paint on these fingernails lol

So that's my desk today... and its only going to get messier as this project progresses lol

Pop on over to Julia's at the Stamping Ground, give Mr Linky a tickle and join the world-wide deskers movement!
This week, I'm number.... 3!

Have  fantastic Wednesday everyone!


17 comments:

Helen said...

your desk looks so pretty! You're another early Christmas worker... Julia has joined you today! Helen #2

Neet said...

Oh heck! Don't mention sprays to me. I have so many and I found a box with a couple more in. I really must get them used up - well some of them anyway. If I remember I will have a count up next week. Surprising what has come to light with this painting of the craft room. I thought I had thrown lots away and so made lots of space yet I have had to go and buy storage. Oh me, oh my! We Crafters! What are we like?
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Claire said...

I have the same craft lamp on my desk :)
Happy WOYWW!
Claire no. 4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The gloves are a good idea - whenever I did spray stuff, more always ended up on me rather than the project! Have fun :-D
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

sandra de said...

I am a big fan of gloves but I tend to remember after the event. Well done for getting the Xmas projects started.
sandra de @8

May said...

Your desk is looking fabulous... Gloves I learnt the hard way in the past having pink fingers for a week... any sprays now within a mile radius I put my gloves on...The C word again... help I have not even thought about it.... I do wish I was organised... Trying to think up some novice sewing gifts I could make...Thank goodness for Pinterest and you-tube...Looking forward to seeing your cards ...May#13

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Bubbles, I have a few of those mists that were gifted to me. They are lovely, I agree. With you on Latex gloves, although I often forget to put them on until after I'm already inky. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

Julia Dunnit said...

So agree about the cosmic shimmers, but hate that the older they get the more clogged the tubes get! Love a girl who uses a latex glove, turns art into science... white lab coats next!!

Sarah Brennan said...

I too have a box of latex gloves, but never seem to put them on. Good job I don't mind inky fingers. I have a few Cosmic Shimmer mists too (mostly Phill Martin colours), but my favourites are my full distress spray collection. Happy WOYWW Sarah #23

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Sounds like it's not just Julia doing Christmas in July! You girls are ahead of yourselves and everybody else! Christmas usually dawns on me around middle of December LOL! I often end up with inky fingers and although I have some protective silicone hand cream, I always forget to apply it! I think of my inky fingers as a badge of honour - then again, I don't have manicures to worry about. Have fun this week, Bubbles! zsuzsa #17

Cheetarah said...

I always wanted to try the cosmic shimmer sprays! And yeah i hear you on not wanting to ruin a manicure, I should use my latex gloves more often, LOL!
Have a great week! Xo Cheetarah WOYWW #19
Contemplations of a Kitty

Lindart said...

Lovely workspace today - have fun with your new Shimmer Mists! i think I might have one or two of those myself! Yes, July is a bit early for Christmas for me - it has to be cold fer me to get in the Christmas mood! Good thing I don't get manicures too often, I don't think I could work in gloves! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #31

Suzanne Alexis said...

I love looking at all of the projects on your desk. I agree, July is a great time to start on Christmas projects! Have a good week!

Suzanne #33

Dorlene Durham said...

Yes! You must save those nails. LOL Great busy desk. Enjoy your week. Dorlene #30

April said...

It looks good to me!
April #22

Jan said...

You desk looks so organised. Happy WOYWW xx Jan (26)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I can't manage with out gloves as my skin is quite dry so if I get ink on them it's really difficult to remove. Have a great woyww and a lovely crafty week, Angela x12x