Wednesday 27 February 2013

WOYWW #195

I wasn't going to participate on "What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday" this week... but half an hour ago, Baby decided to wake me up with a wet nose to my chin, and a swipe of a soft paw to the cheek :) Bless.
So, seeing as the little kitty won't let me get back to sleep (swishing of big fluffy tail in face, purring in ear, etc) I decided to come into the craft room, empty my bag from Pickwell Craft Club last night and have a bit of fun and join in with hundreds (well... 175 last week!) of other crafters and nosey people who weekly pop over to Ms Julia's "Stamping Ground" blog and add their name to Mr Linky :)
I've finished the "Family Recipe" album - apart from what I'm going to decorate the cover with - and I'm actually putting photographs in it too! The piccies are all chosen, and just need to be cut down to size and placed into the album. I haven't started the journaling yet... that part will takes AGES! The photographs left at the side of the album are ones that will go into the album, but slid into a couple of 1/4" thick pocket-type-sort-of-pages I constructed, along with copies of certificates and memorabilia.
Of course, being at Pickwells last night AND having birthday money burning a hole in my pocket, I just had to buy the Tim Holtz Alterations "Elegant Flourishes" Bigz die (Sizzix, 656639). Expect to see this a LOT in future projects :) This die was the main reason I always wished for a Big Shot :)
I'm running out of pads for my smudgy-inky thingies, so bought those too - and a few little sale items just fell into my basket as I walked past them. Honest! :)
The mirror, as you can see, is still sat at the back of my desk, untouched and dusty just waiting for me to get round to doing something wonderful (!) with it. I will get there. Eventually. It just doesn't help when adorable little furry animals wake me up at some unGodly hour of the morning wanting attention! I'm slipping back to bed for a couple of hours - hopefully with no interruptions... but (as Arnie said) "I'll be back!" to have a snoop at your desks later :)
Have a wonderful WOYWW everyone!

30 comments:

sandra de said...

Lovely goodies on your desk and I think you can never have enough TH stuff ever.
Sandra @12

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there Bubbles,
At last able to WOYWW again …Some lovely work going on here!

and new stash that has gotta be fun.

Thanks so much for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #21

Nikki said...

Very sweet idea with a recipe book with pictures it will be a family heirloom for sure once it's done :)
hugs Nikki #9

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. We have a cat who also likes to have her breakfast early - and once I am awake my pain takes over, but I enjoy my time in the craft room so it isn't all negative! Ali x #24

jill said...

What a treasure your book will became . happy woyww. Jill #22

Di said...

Your book is going to be fabulous Bubbles! Happy WoYWW, hugs, Di xx

Neet said...

How lovely to be woken like that. At first I thought it was a human baby you were talking about - the paw was the give away.
Look forward to seeing your book develop lots of lovely stash to help it along.
Hugs, Neet xx 27

okienurse said...

sounds to me like the little kitty knew you had a job you should be doing and decided to get you busy! My two girls know what time it is even without a clock. 6 pm is time for their supper and that is all there is to it! Sounds like you had a lot of fun at Pickwell's You will love that die. I have it and it has a lot of used. One thing I did was cut a template out of the plastic container it came in and use it as a template to set the bling stones in swirls. Have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #39

Jackie said...

Love your ancestry photos on your desk
Hope you had a nice. Birthday and enjoyed spending your birthday money
Mmm naughty kitty
Jackie13

Helen said...

What a great challenge you have ahead - it sounds fabulous, hope you share it with us as you go. Helen, 8

ria gall said...

some lovely new stash to play with hours of fun there and your album is really taking shape what a challenge
Happy WOYWW hope you have a great day
Ria #48

Tuire Flemming said...

So, you have an assistant who keeps you WOYWWing :)
Lovely new stash there. And the album looks great!
Happy WOYWW!
Tuire #3

BJ said...

Thanks for visiting me, I have always pondered that die too, thanks for reminding me. BJ #58

Julia Dunnit said...

Ya see, Bubbles, I'm not a cat owner, and my answer is - shut the bedroom door. You are a woman of love and patience, and clearly, I am not!! I'm glad you did get up in time though,it's always fun to see you. The TH die is on my list too, I have a lot of stamp flourishes and no dies.
LOVE the album and your last stage plans for it..I should do something like this, I will mull over this...thank you - see - the pussy cat waking you up has gone and got me all isnpired!

SusanLotus said...

Lovely vintage photos!
I´m sure you´ll do great creations of them.

SusanLotus, nr 16

Neil said...

Just popped by to say Hi. I hate it when my cat does that to me! Still it at least got you up and here so it's not all bad! Hope you have a good week.
Neil

Lunch Lady Jan said...

At least that's a gentle way of being woken.... I get the full on fishy breath!! My cats are not careful, lol!
You've got some pretty crafting on the go there!
Hugs, LLJ 38 xxxx

Scrapcat 1 said...

This die is on my long wish list too, I must look for it at the next show I go to, thanks for sharing your fab desk and lovely story Tracy #72

Debs Willis said...

My ginger furball woke me up at 6.00, but then settled down for cuddles, so didn't get up til 8.30!!

Lovely recipe book and a great idea

Happy WOYWW

debs #95

Heathers Inspiration said...

Love your new goodies, those flourishes will be awesome.
What fabulous photos too on your desk x Happy WOYWW Heather #85

Anne said...

Hi Bubbles, I have just taken a peek at all your blogs and I am bowled over! Wow! How do you make such intricate, beautifully designed items? Wonderful, gorgeous and so inspirational! What a delight for the eyes, TFS!

Caz said...

Buying goodies is always fun, buying goodies that are reduced is double the fun!!!
We have a little fluffy wake-up purpot too - don't you just love 'em!?!?!?
Happy WOYWW
Caz
#144

Minxy said...

Thanks for your visit, I too have a 'devoted' kitty alarm clock, hence my No2 place today lol
Your desk is full of yummy things, those photo's are way cute.
Happy WOYWW
Hugz Minxy #2

Nan G said...

Oh you lucky girl! I so want that die! Nice piccies and a gorgeous album you've got going! Happy WOYWW! Nan #1

Unknown said...

I wished our cat would wake us that gently. We get a howl from the foot of the bed and it gets louder with each howl. LOL! And about 4 am! I like that Tim Holtz die. I've been eyeballing it at a store but, not yet! And best wishes for finishing your album! Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #114

Krisha said...

I love the fact you are putting photos in your recipe book too. Grand idea.
Krisha #32

Anonymous said...

Love the look of that die. And so happy no cats to wake me - although why I care when I seem to pop awake at 5 am no matter what :) Happy WOYWW

MA (4)

Cardarian said...

He, he spending birthday money aye?? Well spending it on crafty stuff is definitly a good idea! I have also bought those flourishes ages ago but I must admit I haven't used them much - you reminded me now so I guess I will get them out now!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

April said...

Great birthday gift. Happy Birthday by the way. :-) April #151

Claire said...

wow! what treasures on your desk! and that is quite a tome you're creating... and what great family photos i can see when i enlarged the pic!
sorry it's taken me so long to reply... but i'm here now :)
happy belated WOYWW and have a great week!
no. 6