Friday 8 February 2013

No Blogging For Bubbles :(

I have been blogless since Wednesday :( After just starting to blog (semi-) regularly again, it's been a hard couple of days. Some of the problems may be due to my trying to fix this "T" key... the tabs that hold the key in place are broken, so I thought that maybe superglue would be a useful addition :)
I also blame my whole new fixation on mending and using things I already have instead of buying something new. So, here was I with a broken "T" and a bit of superglue... and I accidentally glued down the key completely. This is actually a bit more disastrous than it sounds, as I couldn't shut down properly, and then when I restarted the computer it was made some very unpleasant noises at me. When it comes to technology, I'm more of a "run away, it might blow up" sort of person rather than a "let's look at this logically and sort it out" kind of woman.
I decided to use my playbook instead... and my internet access went off completely. I don't like BT a whole lot right now!
So... no internet access and a dodgy keyboard put pay to me getting online and blogging.
I've sort-of mended the "T" key - it's partially stuck down, but lifted enough so that I can press on it and use it (with a little difficulty)... and the laptop no longer is making weird and not-so-wonderful noises at me. Obviously I am also back online :)
Sadly, I missed WOYWW... and have no time right now to catch up.

On a much better note, I finally took the plunge and asked Hubby to get me a Sizzix Big Shot for my birthday. It's all ordered, and I have just received an e-mail telling me that it will be here on Monday! If I really suck-up and make Hubby a nice dinner, he might let me have my birthday present early :) After years of fussy-cutting large swirls, hand-cutting page edges and being unable to die-cut large shapes, I will be playing with spellbinders and on-the-edge dies until I run out of paper :)
Now all I have to do is invest in some large dies :)

Off to my "Pockets & Pages" blog now - I have some updating to do :)


4 comments:

Di said...

You did WHAT?!?!?! I'm banned from super glue since I glued two fingers together - honestly :( Have a good weekend! Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Di again here!

I know it would be a fiddle faddle but you could get a keyboard that plugs into the laptop via the USB connection to work your laptop. But the logistics of using the keyboard and seeing your screen could well be an issue I guess. Len just suggested this when I was explaining why I was crying with laughter here. Sorry Sheleen, I could just visualise you :)

Hugs, Di xx

Sian said...

Ah. Sorry to hear about this! Step away from the superglue :)

I'm looking forward to seeing you in action with your new machine though. Happy Birthday!

Sandra said...

I actually read it a couple of times! ... You used superglue on your computer lol ...oh my word! Still, you've got something nice to look forward too tomorrow ... Happy playing