Tuesday 5 January 2010

Up All Night!

I've been up all night creating this layout of my nan and her son (my Uncle Robert). I don't acually do sewing and every little embellishment on here has been sewn on ~ bar a couple of brads I used. I even sewed little x's onto the LO! I loved the colour combination though ~ burgundys and browns ~ though the browns weren't my usual choice... this time I chose orangey hues from the K&Company paper (Life's Journey Collection for embellishments and matting/layering), which I thought played off the burgundy and the dark brown thread I picked out, really well. I'm choosing a more saturated and fussy type of layout recently...I like the flowers and the cluttered feel of the finished product.

** LO altered 28th January 2010, photograph here updated to show the added gold accent swirls on left hand side of LO (I wasn't happy with the original burgundy-inked stamping, as it didn't 'flow' properly).

No comments: