Tuesday 26 January 2010

Trying something different...

Okay, not different for a lot of people, but this LO is a definite change fom my usual style. LOTS of stitching again (still a glutton for punishment), but this time I tried out my little sewing machine on the layout - just a little around the photo and 'scribbling' around the left side of the photo with stitches (IYKWIM). My daughter, Naomi, actually took this photograph on my phone. Lily (the dog) was just relaxing under the fuschia bush, trying to find a little shade from the sun. I loved the way the colours of the flowers seemed to frame my doggy so beautifully... so of course I chose lots of pinks for the LO - from deep cherry pinks to quite a pale pink, to help bring out the colours of the flowers. I may use this photograph again in another LO - after I've finished scrapping all the other photographs I have *lol*
** Just reposted the LO, because I decided to add a few touches and change it a little - just adding more words to bring n the green a bit more.

The main backing PP is JanLynn "Reverse Leaves in Green" from the spring collection (as are the butterfly stickers)
Smaller piece of PP is from HOTP 4 Seasons (Summer).
Die cut flowers are Papermania "Bright Flowers".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

very cute layout. Gimmermist works on acetate BUT you need to leave it overnight to dry, and it WILL come off if it gets wet-so take care...

Kirsti said...

I love sewing on LOs.... and am getting much more confident using my sewing machine now... You should start up your own crop if there isn't one near you...xoxo

Sandra said...

I love the stitching ... ok, you've given me the push I need to use my sewing machine on paper not just fabric :)

Gorgeous blog