Yes, it's that time of year again when Mums all over the country spare a few moments of the day to hug themselves with happiness and love that they had children who trash the kitchen whilst making us a cup of tea that we can drink in bed at seven o'clock on a Sunday morning :) Actually, my youngest waited up last night until the hands of the clock ticked past midnight, and then she presented me with a bouquet of flowers (how had she hidden them from me??) and a beautiful card with a message inside that made me cry (with joy).
Now to the layout I finally finished... It was wonderful to have a spare few hours to do anything I wanted, and so Saturday night I stayed up finishing this layout of my eldest daughter in her prom dress. She looked so amazingly beautiful in her matching blue dress and shoes and even a handbag and tiara to complete her perfect outfit. We spent months searching for "The Dress" - and in the end, she didn't get to go to the Prom at all. She had changed schools, and had decided to go to her old schools prom, not the one held at the new school. At the very last minute, the headmaster of her old school told her that she couldn't go as she wasn't a pupil there any longer (though he had agreed she COULD go beforehand... Mr Schofield, you are an ****!).
I used the Basic Grey "Cashmere" paper (from the Urban Couture Collection) for the background, and a piece of blue Core'dinations paper from the Colour Stack for the middle of the layout. Ranger Inks in China Blue, Faded Jeans and Walnut Stain were used, as well as a lot of distressing with scissors. Lots of flowers and brads, and some ribbon threaded through the plain paper to embellish the page, and I felt quite happy with how it was coming on. Once again, hand stitching was used to finish everything off - a layout seems unfinished to me now without me getting out a sewing needle or the sewing machine. The lettering is acid-free childrens foam shapes I bought very cheaply - love a bargain! I stamped the letters with the same flourish stamp I used for the plain paper - just to tie together all the elements. The added touch was to tear into the background paper and take chunks out, then sew over these gaps with the same thread I used throughout the rest of the layout - I quite liked the effect.