Tuesday 20 June 2017

WOYWW #420

Wednes-YAY!!! is here again :)
I've had a weird sort of week - and wasn't able to visit many desks last week - something I hope to rectify this week. I have had so much trouble with ordering online - so many hassles with lost orders, and orders that did arrive being wrong :( Still.. could be worse - I could be sat here in the middle of a heatwave, sweating in a tiddly tiny overstuffed craftroom too! Oh... wait... I AM lol
So, today my desk looks kind of sparse...
Not a lot going on here - mainly because of the problems I've had trying to locate 160gsm-180gsm gram A4 cream coloured cardstock. Not white, not pale orange, not winter-white, not yellow... just CREAM lol. If I wanted any less or more heavier paper/card, I'd be as happy as a piggy in mud - but, there seems to be a lack of what I need. My FIFTH attempt (or is it six now? I've lost count lol) of trying to locate the card I need to finish the incredibly ugly mini album sat atop my desk has been with HobbyCraft - so fingers crossed I'll finally have delivered what I need. Unfortunately, this won't be for the better part of a week, hence the lack of work going on here at my WORKdesk lol
HOWEVER...
A quick look around my room shows a lot less of tidiness and neatness...
... To the right there is a box of 'stuff' for the album that I might use, have used, or am thinking about. To the left behind me...
... more 'boxes of chaos'.
I did start tidying the room... then changed my mind. I blame the weather - it's just too darn hot to do anything!
Well, that's it from me for today. By the time you're reading this, I am hoping to be sat in the garden with a tall glass of ice-cold lemonade.
Only to add, that I believe Mr Linky is looking forward to getting his tickles every week, a bit too much now... but he is giving me number...  1. Seriously! I am first - for the first time ever lol. And it's not because I'm up bright and early, but because I haven't gone to bed yet - it's too hot! lol

Want to join in with
?
Pop on over to Julia's blog, the Stamping Ground, where all will be revealed :)
Until the next time... have a wonderful Wednesday to All!

21 comments:

BJ said...

At least I can be first to comment on yours this week and glad you got your first place. I'm kicking myself as I too was awake and updating my scheduled post as it turned midnight but didn't check Julia's page! Didn't sleep much either so here I am here linking and commenting at 5am!

Love the album and the lace on the front especially, adorable papers too. Oh and I got 420 too, Julia must be in a time warp. Hope you locate your card.
BJ#5

April said...

I hope you get your order issues sorted out soon. And stay cool. ;-)
April #6

Nikki said...

You look very busy may you get all your orders sorted out.
Hugs Nikki 4

Helen said...

I hope your cream,proper cream, card arrives soon.. and that you are enjoying your well earned glass of something cold.. although given that it's only just 6am possibly not! Well done on top spot! Helen #8

Lynn Holland said...

Isn't it annoying when you the wrong thing arrives. I probably speak for all of us when I say yep that's happened to me haha.
Hope you get sorted soon
Lynn x 12

Anne said...

Hi there. I feel your pain re the online order issues - have been having same of late!Hope you get sorted. Anne x #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Woohoo, congrats on being No 1 this week, it feels great huh?! Hope you enjoy your week at the top :-D. Wishing you luck with you deliveries, it can be soooo frustrating sometimes!
Hugs, LLJ 10 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Bubbles, I don't know where you are, but if you are in the UK, try PDA Card & Paper. They have an amazing range, including cream! Not much crafting happening here, either, it's sweltering. We Brits just are not used to the sun lasting longer than a couple of days at most. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 XxX

Sarah Brennan said...

The garden does sound a better alternative in this weather. Hope your latest attempt at finding the card you need turned out successful. Happy WOYWW Sarah #28

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Bubbles! Congrats on your No 1. position on the WOYWW list! I hate it when they mess up my online orders - though I'm usually very understanding having worked for an online retailer for a number of years - I know how easy it is to make mistakes. Hope you're having fun in your craft room and it's not too hot in there! zsuzsa #25

ToadilyDiane said...

I keep changing my mind on tidying but this time I'm going to get it done! Let's hope we both have progress next week!

Have a great day!
Diane F #27

Jan said...

Great WOYWW. Thanks for sharing xx Jan 31.

Stacy Sheldon said...

I was up at midnight in my time zone too hahaha isn't this heat just something. ( my husband is loving it) On the first day of summer makes me long for fall. :) ~Stacy #37

Cheetarah said...

Happy Summer Solstice! Seems like everyone is up and about in the middle of the night in this heat wave we're having :) Happy WOYWW from a newbie desker :) xo Cheetarah #36

Carmen said...

Oh this heat is unbearable. I am not a sun worshipper in the slightest and even the shade is to hot. Urgh.

I hope you have finally got the card you need to finish your album. How frustrating when that's all that's holding you up.

Have a good week.

Carmen #32 x

May said...

I've never believed in human combustion... but I have a feeling it's going to happen in a minute...Yikes I'm so hot... How crazy that buying some card is so difficult and frustrating... wish you luck in getting what you need... Have a happY WOYWW... May #21

Shoshi said...

Sorry you've had so much trouble sourcing cream card, Bubbles. I remember having the same problem several years ago, looking for cream copy card, and ended up with lemon yellow which I really didn't want! I hate this heat and have been like a limp dish rag all day but hopefully it should be cooler tomorrow.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #26

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. One thing I have lots of in my craft room is cream card and paper/thick card etc etc. Let me know if you would like me to send you a variety to try. It is a lot cooler here, after the mist came in quickly yesterday. Ali x #30

SusanLotus said...

Very beautiful album or is it a storage for you papers?
It´s lovely and the colours delicate anyway. :)

Have a wonderful week!
Sussie nr 41

Lindart said...

We've been lucky, the weather has been "just right", not too hot (although we have had a couple of days when hubby complained, but I was fine)and not too cold (although we have had a few days where I complained and hubby was fine!) Isn't it always the way, the thing we need the most is the one thing we can't find, UNTIL, we decide to go with plan B - and there it is. Hope that doesn't happen to you! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #41

Lynnecrafts said...

It has been too hot for tidying! Good luck with your deliveries. Have a great week, hugs, Lynne #20