Wednesday 26 January 2011

Not a crafty update...

It is the early hours of the morning, and my daughter is in labour. Yes, I know I'm supposed to be there - I am her birthing partner after all (well, one of two - the husband has to be present as well *lol*)... but the evening has turned into a farce. Arriving at the hospital, we were suddenly informed that only one birthing partner was allowed (Katie's husband obviously takes priority over little old me)... and that there was no visiting allowed after the birth either (partners or husbands only). This is all apparently due to some virus scare at the hospital... or swine flu... or something daft that really shouldn't have interfered with a joyous occassion - I may be wrong, but I do think that there are sensible precautions... and then there are scaremongering jobsworths who really should be a little more calm about things. So I came home rather than wait in one of the most awful and dreary waiting rooms ever created by the NHS, and... I am thoroughly peeved. I had my camera ready... magazines too - and a shawl that my mum had knitted (it is GORGEOUS!!!). I was all pumped up and excited about seeing my grandson being born... and instead I'm sat here at home with a stress headache, wondering how my baby is getting on...
I'll post when I can about Alistair when he's finally born (names are already decided upon, and no amount of whining by the grandmother could persuade them that Peter would be such a wonderful name to use instead) - getting exact birthweight and a photograph if I can.

1 comment:

misteejay said...

What a disappointment for you.

Hope all goes well and you get to see the new arrival very soon.

Toni :o)